BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: DARLENE AND TOM'S MARCH 11-26TH SNORKELING TRIP REPORT
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: DARLENE AND TOM'S MARCH 11-26TH SNORKELING TRIP REPORT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2778) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

We flew Continental from Boston through Newark and all went fine. We met up with BT friends in Newark and it really passed the time quickly before our flight;.

We used www.bonairepersonalshopper.com to have our groceries waiting for us so we could enjoy our first day without all the running around. Renee's rates are very reasonable and it is well worth it!!!

As usual we either sailed on Woodwind www.woodwindbonaire.com or did guided snorkels with Renee www.reneesnorkeltrips.com . I highly recommend both even if you have been snorkeling for a long time. They are in the water daily and know where all the good stuff is!

The BT sail and snorkel on Woodwind to benefit the Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire was a huge success!! Thanks again to all who sailed and a special thanks to Woodwind and their crew for donating all the proceeds and tips for the turtles!!!!!

Woodwind is now doing a Sunset and Snorkel sail. It is incredible!!! It is so peaceful and beautiful at that time of day and beneath the sea is the changing of the guard from day to night and it is awesome!!! Even if you only dive,it is a great way to see the sunset. You can stay on the boat if you don't want to do the snorkel but I can't imagine why anyone would do that! :)

All dinners out were great as usual. We tried Plaza Buffet for the first time and we loved it! It is well worth the $15 !

Janart opened a new store on the main street in town! We have been a fan of her art since our first trip so a of course we had to get something.We got areally nice print on canvas of a Queen Angelfish.

On a sad note, we found six Lionfish in the shallows. I hope the Lionfish Derby is going to be a success.

On one of Renee's guided snorkels we saw a ton of Juvenile Queen Angelfish of all different shapes and sizes! She knows how much we love them!

Of course, thanks to Woodwind, the highlight of the trip was our two dolphin encounters which I previously posted about. The 45 minutes of swimming and playing with the dolphins will be ingrained in my mind forever!!!

So here are all the pics to show you some of the other beauty that we saw. I post too many pictures because I can never decide which ones I should post! :)

We hope you enjoy the pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2779) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The picture with me and Tom in it was taken by Bon Photo. I also forgot that we saw a beautiful staghorn coral forest for the first time!
Now for a few land shots!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2780) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #578) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice pics, Darlene. Thanks for sharing. The rest of us will just have to keep waiting for our turn !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2781) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also forgot that the first two pics of what looks like a sunset were actually our very first sunrise on island! The pictures do not do it justice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3502) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:54 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great pics Darlene and glad you had another enjoyable trip! We were going to do the sunset snorkel on W.W., but unfortunately had to cancel it as our guests were having problems. Next time for sure!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jan (BonaireTalker - Post #59) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 12:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi, Darlene,

Everyone of your pictures was a joy to see, so I'm glad you posted them all. We met in Mar/Apr 2010, I believe. I'm sorry our trips don't synch up this year, but your photos made my day today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8816) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 12:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

AND REMEMBER ALL WERE TAKEN WHILE SNORKELING!!!

Most excellent Darlene and Tom, you get better every trip. Are you still shooting the Olympus 1040s? I do miss that zoom lens. You know I have one at home that works fine except for a broken LCD (details, details). I also have an UW housing (interested?).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By "Barbie"Ruth******Ken's forever love (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5656) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene, those were a pleasure to see :)

How big was the turtle in the pictures with the french angels? He looks tiny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9264) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ablosutly WONDERFUL!!!Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By *Linda* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #9265) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

WONDERFUL!!!Thank you for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2782) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I am glad you are enjoying the pictures.
Here is the link to the dolphin encounter

http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/1022/468858.html?1302597655

Cecil, we have the Olympus 1010.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE IN MA (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2783) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 2:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh the turtle with the French angels was a small Hawksbill. We saw several Hawksbills and many, many Greens while snorkeling at Kline with Woodwind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEM (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 3:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK - I've sold all my warm water scuba gear and bought 12 different snorkels and closed foot fins.

Excellent pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna M. Leiss (BonaireTalker - Post #42) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 4:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

There is no such thing as "too many photos" of the beautiful stuff on Bonaire!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Blanchard (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #427) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great report and photos. I keep going back to them with fond memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Conifer Water Rat (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 8:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow! I've been concerned about going somewhere we haven't been before, but your pictures really have me excited about going!!

They're all great, but the sunset/sunrise pics are amazing too!! Thanks so much...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jennifer Parmley (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #122) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 8:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'm always amazed to see peoples pics of the parrots. I've never seen those things sit still long enough to get a picture.

We are snorkelers too and always see so many amazing things with Renee.

Great pics!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sandy in Upstate NY (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 11:53 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darleen, The pictures are just great. It was great seeing you both. Lets hope for next year!!
Sandy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Pasko (BonaireTalker - Post #27) on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great photos! I especially like all the parrot photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2979) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene, all very nice ! Of course I especially like the juvenile queens :-) and the little turtle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Maggie/PS (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13669) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 4:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh my!!!!! Gorgeous Pics!!!!!:)
I accidentally right clicked on a few....Oops.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KIV ~ Kobi in Virginia (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #15026) on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene!!! Your pictures never cease to amaze me!!! Thank you SO much for sharing. These are ALL outstanding!!!!

I can't wait to get to BON in a few short weeks!!!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration