BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Trip Report - Spring Break March 6-13
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Trip Report - Spring Break March 6-13
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Oliver (BonaireTalker - Post #23) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi All,

Just a quick trip report on a WAY-TOO-SHORT stay over our spring break (we are all academics -- most from Penn State).

What can I say -- awesome, awesome (as everyone knows). There were five of us, and we all caught the red-eye from Newark. No problems. Stayed at the Belmar in a 3 bedroom, and it was LOVELY. They didn't have two trucks to rent us, so we had the option of either one van or one truck. With the advice of folks here, we opted to have 3 sitting in the back seat of one truck, and this was the way to go.

One person in our group has done a lot of diving, but all cold water. This was his first time in warm, tropical waters. I warned him that taking this trip would mean that he would now be sucked into the matrix and that he could never escape the need to keep going back and back and back again, and he understood the risks! Had a great time, and now he's a fellow addict.

Great being there over carnival. Lots of fun. Weather was great, mosquitoes a little bothersome (but not too bad), people were incredible, dives were AWESOME. Water fine. Fish were finer. All was grand. Ohhhh... got the PBD blues now!

I'll try to post just a couple of pics (I'm an amateur with an OLD point and shoot, so please forgive!).

Take care, all, and happy and safe diving.

Cheers,

Mary

octo

blue

scuba

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Workman (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #275) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Amateur, my eye! Fabulous pics--how nice of that octo to pose?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grunt (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1243) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I must say you seem to have mastered your old point and shoot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donna-aire (BonaireTalker - Post #47) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 11:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1620) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 12:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Splendiferous Octerpus!

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric author of "Why is the Grass Green?" (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1621) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 12:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL, the spelling software on BT recognizes Splendiferous... but not Octerpus.

e.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (LBR32) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #531) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 1:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice pics, Mary. There is something addictive about Bonaire, no question !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Oliver (BonaireTalker - Post #24) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 2:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the nice words, guys! Yea, that octo was just hanging out at the top of the reef at the Belmar, pretty as a picture. I feel like I'm going to have to retire my camera after this trip. It's an Olympus D-490, about 10 years old. My laptop doesn't even have the serial port you need to upload the photos. :( It's been good, though, and kind of reassuring to know that if I accidentally water-log the camera, then it's only about $30 to replace it on e-bay! :)

Now.... back to looking into flights for the next trip there. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rose Checchio (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Friday, March 18, 2011 - 3:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ginny miller (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 1:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OMG!!!! super. We will be at Belmar Sunday morning 5:30. Hope that octo will still be there waiting for us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By elaine sculley (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2080) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 1:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

really nice. glad u all had a great time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Gilhousen (BonaireTalker - Post #29) on Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 11:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And with a degree from Penn State in the right field, you'll probably get a good job with good earning power. This will enable you to take future trips to Bonaire, just like I have. So, back to the books....

Penn State 1973 Meteorology grad.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration