BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Remind me what to bring tomorrow please
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Remind me what to bring tomorrow please
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Snorkeljohn (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 2:40 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I know the title of this message is likely to elicit a great deal of mirth. So have it!

But seriously, I am remembering from our previous three trips that various people posted messages with things they always brought--and I recall some unusual but useful tips.

What do you suggest?

(I recall "bringing a cooler" for some reason....)

Thanks. (Diving, but still using old name)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By KOB (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #336) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 8:27 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

At the very least, bring a small old dive light or something watertight to hold your room key and rental car keys dry in your BC pocket while you're diving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil* (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #8589) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Standard advice is bring money, humor and patience. Spend the money, share the humor and practice the patience.

Beyond that, I like having an insulated covered coffee mug. Hot stuff in the morning, cold in the afternoon. It also make a great eyeglass protector while traveling. A folding ice chest is also nice to have. Also half the clothes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brenda (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1148) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Surge protector, chargers for ALL your electronics!(been there), bug wipes (towelettes) in carry on for arrival at Flamingo airport, shower puff thingy, aloe gel, Benadryl, extra sunglasses, corkscrew....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rudy Sheppard (BonaireTalker - Post #48) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 7:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Make a photo copy of your passport and credit cards, and keep in a safe place .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mickey McCarthy (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #891) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Brenda
Wow! Yes, a good corkscrew. It's really frustrating trying to pull a really tight cork with one of those straight pull things which occasionally just break.
As I have mentioned in the past, bring your favorite spices. It's a killer to have to buy a whole bottle because you need a 1/4 teaspoon.
Don't forget insect repellant, with Deet if can handle that. Dengue is present.
Mick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Oliveira (LBR28) (BonaireTalker - Post #93) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

SnorkelJohn
"bringing a cooler"
I see that Cultimara has quite a few styrafoam "SP?" coolers. You could use it while here then leave it behind, instead of packing a cooler coming and going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #30150) on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:20 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bring me:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #426) on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:25 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Remember your Nitrox snorkel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Zuschlag (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #2) on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 1:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It has been very rainy this year, so the tiny mozzies are out in force take bug spray or wipes. If you are walking much you might take an umbrella. I just left and we had a couple days of rain and I wished I had an umbrella. Due to the rain your dives might be a bit darker so a small light is useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Just little ole me with a (*) (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6159) on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 9:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Music!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise K (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2855) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

in this thread there is an Excel file of lists of things to bring .. might give you ideas http://www.oldbonairetalk.com/newsgroup/messages/1022/355108.html#POST462658

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vince DePietro-www.bonairebeachcondo.com (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3355) on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rudy..to take your photocopy of the passport one step further.

Scan it & then e mail it to yourself & file in your saved bin with an on line e mail account. This way it will ALWAYS BE AVAILABLE no matter where you are in the world (of course assuming internet access).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration