BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: First Bonaire Trip Aug 2-9
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives 2008-08-01 to 2008-12-31: First Bonaire Trip Aug 2-9
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kirk parnell (BonaireTalker - Post #14) on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Just returned and can say we enjoyed our stay on Bonaire. We had read this board and others so had a good idea of what to expect. We stayed at the Sand Dollar Condo F10 and found it to be everything we needed. A/C worked well and we had no complaints other than the wireless connection would not connect. That just gave me an excuse not to check in at work but we had 2 teenagers with us so they quickly found the Chat & Browse to maintain contact with friends. Diving was great. We have 60 dives under our belt but are new divers in "clear" water. Home lake is 5-10 foot vis. We have been to Cozumel and now Bonaire. My wife commented that the vis in Coz seemed a little better but we both thought the reefs and fish life in Bonaire was better. We loved the shore diving and being able to be on our own schedule although I did do boat dives with the dive shop on location at Sand Dollar. Highlights were seeing Tarpon, Spotted Eagle Rays, Frog Fish, Barracuda and thousands of colorful fish. I did find the cost of groceries higher than expected. I looked back at my proposed budget and I underestimated that cost category. Had some great meals at various places with the Italian place in town being my wife's favorite. All in all it was very relaxing and we will be back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R J (BonaireTalker - Post #98) on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 4:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kirk,
Thanks for your report, and glad you enjoyed your visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By YucatanPat (Sand$ A3) (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #217) on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Kirk, glad you had a good time on Bonaire and also at SD. I also wish they would get the wifi figured out.

Patrick

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration