BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Trip 1-30-02 thru 2-09-02 Update
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2001-11-30 to 2002-09-25: Trip 1-30-02 thru 2-09-02 Update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark S Meyer on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 8:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

As promised, here is the details of our trip to Bonaire.
First, let me say Bonaire should be very proud of their Island. The 1st morning I went for a run and my first impression was not favorable. I told myself not to judge on 1st impressions, and i am glad i did not.
We stayed at the Divi and have no complaints what so ever. We had an Ocean Room and it was very nice.Service for the most part was good also.
We ate at the following locations:
Chibi Chibi, Late Night Cafe, Pirates Steak House, It Rains Fishes, Donna and Giorgio,and City Cafe. We did not have a bad meal at any of these locations. Our 2 favorites were City Cafe and Pirates Steak House. Very good service and good food at both. Our worst service was at It Rains Fishes. Got the feeling they did not care weather we were there or not. Had to repeatly ask for refills on our beverages, never followed up on how our meal was, and had to wait forever for our food, even though we were the second group in the place to be seated. There were groups which came in after us which were served before us.
The Snorkeling was great. We were with another couple who were divers and we picked all our spots to suite both interest. We were at the following sights; *Karpata, Thousand Steps,*Andrea 11, *Andrea 1, *Windsock, North Belnem, *Bachelors Beach, Hilma Hooker, The Invisibles,Red Slave, *Bonaventure and Mi Dushi.The spots marked with the * indicate the spots we enjoyed the most for the Snorkeling. The area in front of the Divi was also excellent.
The bugs were a minor problem for me only. Seemed I was the only which got bit, but not bad.
If I would have worn long pants at night it would not have bothered me. I even had bug spray on and still had a few minor bites. It rained while we were at Karpata and when it stopped, the bugs really swarmed.
What we have realized is that we need to come back to Bonaire to further enjoy the Island and the snorkeling spots we missed.
We also spent some time at Lac Bay and enjoyed it. Was very nice and relaxing. I liked the bar the best. Good drinks.
Spent some time in the park and just driving around the Island. Very nice and worthwhile.
All and all we had a great time and hope to come back next year.

Mark and Diane Meyer
Lancaster PA
msmeyer54@aol.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J Rushman on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 7:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

What type of problem did you have on your run?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark S Meyer on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 11:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No problem at all.Just my 1st impression of the Island was a little off. But not any more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde Lee on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 3:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Mark, thanks for the trip report. My husband was expecting a lush tropical isle, like Jaimaca...and at first i think he was a little surprised...but by the second day, he was hooked!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration