BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Trip Report March 22-29
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2008-03-01 to 2008-07-31: Trip Report March 22-29
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #9) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 1:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

This was my first trip. I've always wanted to go to Bonaire. It was spring break from university for my 20 yr. old daughter.

I came down with a cold, shortly after arrival and did only 6 dives for the week.

The highlights of the trip were the two pier dives with dive guide, Ebby Jules - Town Pier and Salt Pier. The town pier was also our first, ever, night dive.

Stayed at BelMar - excellent.
Restaurants: Patagonia, China Nobu, Cactus Blue, Guernica, Bistro de Paris, and Roomers (across the street from BelMar) All good.

Other dives: 2 tank boat (from BelMar dock) to Klein. 2 dives on the BelMar reef.

I'll try to post a couple photos from the salt pier dive and one of the town pier, topside, with visible divers lights underwater.

Evan
image{ebby and sarah}
image\[salt pier 1}
image{salt pier 2}
image{iguana}
image{town pier lights}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #10) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 1:47 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I'll try again
ebby and sarah
salt pier 1
salt pier 2
iguana
town pier lights

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By April (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #107) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 6:48 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evan, thanks for sharing your pictures. Loved them all. Glad you had a good time, despite your cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole B. (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6673) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 7:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evan, beautiful shots! So glad you and your daughter enjoyed Bonaire despite coming down with a cold. You flew a long way to get there, too, from LAX! Any more pics to share with us??!! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6324) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 7:36 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evan, nice shots, love the iguana, perfect lighting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Boat Chick************** (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4899) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 10:14 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Evan, from one left coaster to another, glad you got to bonaire. Isn't Ebby the best? Did he find cool things on your dive?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By PegiSue-VOTE FOR CARLOS! (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4233) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love your pics! But especially the nite dive pic with the colors of the other lights reflecting. Very cool!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Evan (BonaireTalker - Post #11) on Monday, April 14, 2008 - 11:40 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

yeah, Ebby was great. He found 3 sea horses on the Town Pier dive. Two were at 8 ft. My wife was snorkeling, above, and could see them below, illuminated with our dive lights. Really special to have been able to see them from the surface. I didn't take the camera on that dive (and kind of regret it.)

The iguana was under a truck in the parking lot at Belmar, and the light was smoothly diffused and reflected off the concrete!

Here are a couple more:
the turtle was a youngster, about 1 ft. length of shell - appeared to be hanging out - - seen on one of the Klein Bonaire dives
turtle
the spectacular orange color, here, wasn't enhanced with any added saturation (also Klein)
klein 1
My daughter said these (goatfish?) looked like they were taking in the view off the ledge. (also Klein)
klein2
The tarpon were at the Salt Pier. The camera (Canon G7)stopped recognizing that the flash (Ikelite) was connected and I had to shoot available light for most of the dive. No color in this shot, but blue, and I really worked it over to make it almost black and white! The strobe worked, again, as soon as the dive was over, and has never repeated the problem.
tarpon
this school was at the Salt Pier, also, while the strobe was still working.
school

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip C (BonaireTalker - Post #17) on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 4:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for sharing Evan.

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration