BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Some stuff I did on Bonaire
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2006-2008: Archives - 2006-08-31 to 2006-12-31: Some stuff I did on Bonaire
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1190) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:17 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

No flight or eatery reports here, just a taste of my stay.

I had a great place at Lighthouse Beach #13 to stay, although it was a little empty without Bubba joining me.

I was lucky enough to have a fellow VT'er(Paige) on island and we dove and dove. She is what you always hope for in a buddy. Thanks Paige!

We met up with Bas and Kellie which was even better. The turtles were all over as were the squids, and the east side dives also produced lots of rays! Bas took us to some sites we had never done before, showing us an area of the island I had never seen. You can't ask for more!

We did perform another fish rescue on the south side by removing a lost fish trap from the corral and renduring it ineffective. This pic shows how we found it laying in the soft corral, before we removed it to an area and rendering it to a condition that will cause no more harm. Tom, note the 3 morays!!:D
Trap
The rest of the pics are from various dives as I manage to edit them.

For those who have been to Bonaire, this report is all you need to share in my trip. For those who have never been to Bonaire, all the reports in the world will not do the true experience justice. For that, you must go and see for yourself! IMO! Enjoy!
eel
lobsta
turtle
ray

Smack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1191) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

More pics to follow.

Smack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2221) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Glad you managed to have a good time with out your usual sidekick! :-) I will miss you both in a couple of weeks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1192) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bas and Paige at Spelunk(sp?) Bas says" No *&#$ing way!" Let's go to Cia.
b

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1193) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

turtle
jj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7718) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

keep em coming Smack awesome!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Yana girl (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #558) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 12:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack,
Do I see a PINK fin on Bas?
Yana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4340) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 2:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, glad you enjoyed staying at our place! :-)
Pictures are awesome! Keep them coming!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Angela de Weger (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #112) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 4:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, wonderful pics. I am counting down even harder now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3541) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 4:52 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

John Boy, please keep the pics coming! I enjoyed hearing about the dives, now I want to see more of what you saw - even the eels Thanks again for posing in all those silly pictures at WannaDive.

Debbie, John stopped by the shop last week and went on and on about how nice your place was:-)

p.s.: I like your new profile pic.

(Message edited by vtscuba on September 25, 2006)

(Message edited by vtscuba on September 25, 2006)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11065) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 5:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smackman - Great report so far...just missing some MORE pictures! Looked like you had a fantastic time! :-):-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Gould (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #650) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 5:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good report Smack, We will be there in 18 and a wake up! Has the viz improved much? Looks good from your ficks... Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Traff (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2218) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 6:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack - great report & pic's
More, please
Glad you had a good time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky (PADI spy) Hauser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #825) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 10:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great pics and report "Smack"!:-) Thanks for helping those of us with PBE get even more distracted from real life!!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (HW) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #19553) on Monday, September 25, 2006 - 11:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, keep the pics coming...glad you had a good trip, and obviously some great dives:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs Loves Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3332) on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 5:58 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Loving the pics! Any more?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1730) on Tuesday, September 26, 2006 - 8:30 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Very nice! We must have just missed you, glad you had a great time (though hardly surprised :-)) Any more photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1195) on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 6:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Afew more...

Bas had a hitch hiker.
Where we goin, Bas?

rays

squid at Ole Blue

worm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4389) on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice, Smack! Cute little lobsta there. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gail Thomas (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1558) on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And the critter isn't bad, either! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #11079) on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

NIIIIICE Smackman! More?!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1196) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sharks at Klein

shark

shark2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tribs Loves Bonaire (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3350) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 10:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wow! Thanks for the shark pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grasshopper (HW) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #19642) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 11:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack great black tips! What a great treat! And everyone says there's "nothing" special to see at Klein ;-) heh heh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4393) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 5:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome shark pics, first black tips I have seen captured on film, thanks for posting! That had to be a great experience!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5093) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 7:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Wait a second there, sharks on Bonaire, no way. John most excellent pictures. Good job on the fish trap. I like the turtle shots also. Are you shooting a PnS internal flash?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Judy Traff (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2262) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 8:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack
More great pic's! Are black tips common in the area?
The ray shots & squid are great too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Becky (PADI spy) Hauser (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #836) on Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 10:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great shark pics!!:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kathy Hall (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6801) on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 6:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, great pics!
Was that a lone black tip or was it with others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1293) on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 6:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Smack ... glad to hear you once again had a great time, and thanks for sharing your pics, especialy the pics of the rays.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1197) on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 6:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

There were several sharks(4 I'm told) off of Klein at Southwest Corner. They have been there for a couple of weeks, but who knows how long they will stay before the fishermen find them.

Cecil, I was using a Canon A95 in auto mode flash off. Haven't bothered to fuss with manual mode, too much like work when I'm trying to play.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Barclay (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1177) on Monday, October 2, 2006 - 7:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, love your pictures! The shark shots are great!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J.J zambrano mazzei (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #143) on Friday, October 6, 2006 - 4:31 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Nice Shark pics ! how many sharks did you saw in klein Bonaire ? I`ve been diving for years in klein but never with sharks ! you are a lucky one !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John"Smack"Anderson (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1201) on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 4:23 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The last few from my trip.

slug
drum
worm
worm2
tongue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cyn (GH) (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #19920) on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Smack, glad you managed to find a lettuce slug:-)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration