BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Adventures in Paradise, Freddie and George's report
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2004-08-02 to 2005-05-08: Adventures in Paradise, Freddie and George's report
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5613) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 9:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK gang here goes. I got the first day done.. but don't expect all the days to be done.. I am good but not that good!!!
Here goes.....
Bonaire trip 15-22 Jan
JFK Air Jamaica-Montego Bay- Bonaire

Great flights however NO TING..
I met Meryl and Steve for the first time on the flight from Mo Bay to Bon.. Meryl wasn’t drooling at the time but I think maybe during the flight that might have happened.. I promised her I would not take any photos of her drooling so there are no photos on the plane.. She presented me with a PURPLE TIARA AND WAND. I gave her one of the Flamingo Hats. People on the plane STARED!!!! I wore my Tiara when I met Delno at the airport in Bon to give him the Lance Armstong bands that I brought down for him{From Becky } He stared too…..OH well I will have a lot of that this trip..

We checked into Capt Don’s Habitat {our fav cottage 2017} and the phone rings…HI Jake!! Jake is the savior!!! He brings us a six pack of Brights.. We sit and chat for a bit , seems like old times….. He goes to get pizza for the family and Babsi and I go to Cultimara to get lunch food and milk. {the men folk are in the water already!}

Dinner time comes fast on the first day so we walk to Rum Runners to try out the new chef..
I had Chicken Frajitas, they were spicy and OK.

..Breakfast at Capt Don’s everymorning as it is a buffet and included in our price.
Before our dive briefing we drive to Bongos Tiara and all. Here we are for the first time at Bongos
Bongos

Our First dive is the house reef at Capt. Don’s.
It is great to be back in the water ,however the viz is not so good. The surge has the clarity of the water all mucked up and you must follow the line[after you FIND IT} to clearer deeper water.. This is all fine, remember we are Northeast divers and can dive in all sorts of icky stuff!!

Second dive is to the reef cam…reefcam

I can now understand why Eden wanted the cams… the terrain underwater by the cam is like a moonscape.. there is rubble that the fish live in and eat off of.. We NE divers like rubble, don’t get me wrong,,.. We found the two seahorses seahorse and saw some squid, my camera’s batteries decided to quit on me during the squid sighting..
We found out where all the fish were hiding. Under the “Art” by Willie.underthe art Secretly I wanted to Free Willie, but came to my senses…
Willie is quite a pretty little wreck , here she is from another angle. willie
161819 2147

The underwater “ART”show in my opinion was eerie.. there was a body down there to greet? Everyone. The pictures were all askew and leaning all over the place.. didn’t seem as if anyone was keeping an eye on it.. mansawwire
Thats all for now as I have to organize some more pictures...
More to come...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5614) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 9:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

sorry for the wide angle.. I'll try not to do that the next time.. darn MS Word!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1625) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 9:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hiya Freddie ,

Great pictures !!! As Always , I LOVE the Flamingo hat. I still have a giggle when I reread Kelly's reply after I presented her my find of this hat on the funny hat site.

Nice pictures of Willy from another angle.

mmmmhhhh, have got to get there sometime my self, LOL.

Sjossss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5615) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 10:02 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

funny side bar about the underwater guy..
Meryl and I dove the cams and the "man" was not at his post underwater.. {they were starting to take down the exhibit}
well when we get out of the water there on the chaise lounges on the beach is this guy with black pants, a white shirt, black shoes and thinning blond hair.. I pointed to "IT" and said to Meryl that is the "Guy" that was under water... funny that they should put him on a beach chair for all to see.. I almost went up to "IT" and poked at"IT" when "IT" moved......Scared the heck out of me when that happened...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13037) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 11:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, great pictures! The art on Willie don't look so good, AND, is that a saw in the picture next to the coiled wire?

I love the flamingo hats and tiaras...hmm....we leave in something like 40 something days...send it to me and I will proudly wear it ;-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jos van osnabrugge (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1629) on Thursday, January 27, 2005 - 11:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

40 something days Cynde, ??? Plenty of time to "cook" up something better than that , LOL.

"let the Googling begin"

Sjosss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEVERLY A FILLIO (BonaireTalker - Post #96) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 12:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Exactly where is the Bongo's bar. I can't quite picture it ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #539) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 1:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Bongo's, Eden Beach, and Wanna Dive are just south of the traffic circle. They have a new cement driveway and the old abandoned decrepit hotel next door is now a bunch of rubble.
Hope this helps,
Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7212) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That body would be creepy Freddie! I love the photos and can't wait for more!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1328) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 8:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, I love the report! It is great to see all angels of the cam UW wreck with all its fish life! Great job!!! Can't wait for the rest! Nice to see you again even if it is just on the cams!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By monte pace (New BonaireTalk Poster - Post #4) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 8:46 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

headin' to captain,s in sept. we always stay at the captain,s because it is quite and they let you dive the way you want ( till your tank runs out at 200). is moogy still playing?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3691) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie - I loved the start of the report!!! Can't wait for more!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Elvira M. Bolanos (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #864) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, thanks, enjoy reading your report and like the pictures. Keep them coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #540) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I also got 'wigged out' by the guy under the water. But we got along okay. By the time we finished looking at the art, we were friends.
ms

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By BEVERLY A FILLIO (BonaireTalker - Post #97) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

thank you all for the directions to the bar cam and I know the place ---- Will try to get there next week to wave to everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1273) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 6:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Look at the differences in hair on the mannequin man comparing Mare's and Freddie's photos! Lol!

Hi all, BTW :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5620) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 8:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

wow the fish must have given the guy a haircut!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5621) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 9:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

installment two

We did three dives the first day
Angel City being the last..
There we saw Turtles
firstturtle
and other denizens of the deep
arrowcrab

Dinner on the Second night
was at Casa Blanca.
We ordered TWO mixed Grill
along with appetizers..
needless to say we had
lunch for three days after!!!

Next day {day three}
our first dive was a
boat dive to Klein,
there I came upon a
very cooperative turtle,
so cooperative I thought
I was taking photos of a
dead turtle and I was very happy
when it moved..
turtle
Our second dive was Oil Slick Leap.
The first thing we noticed
was the NEW platform
Oilslick
I think it was easier to get
up and down before the platform
went in.. Watch the rocks getting to the platform
they can be slippery when wet!!
The Super male Parrot fish
was still cruising
around the dive site.
blueparrot
We went back to Eden for
our Third dive to see the
Seahorses again and we
found some other stuff as well.
Around the cam platform there
is a resident spotted moray
eel
and around the camera
there is a relative
of Charlottes.
damsel at the cam
Also found a very cooperative
scorpion Fish
scorpion

Dinner at Rum Runners for their yummy pizza

1/18 Day 4
Boat dive to Hand’s Off at Klein
More cooperative turtles
turtlehead
And other assorted fish life..
pP
Second dive at Capt Don’s
to see the Frog fish
frog
And lobster
lobster
Third dive of the day was
to Andrea 1
where there were a lot of Lettuce slugs
lettuceslug

went back to the cottage
and spied these cuties..
kitties

next installment: Tonight is Gibi’s dinner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #543) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 12:16 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yay Freddie!
Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1331) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 4:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Awesome Freddie!!!! Keep it coming!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #843) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 5:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie

Great pics, excellent turtles - more please.

I like the Cam shot with you, George, Ken and Babsi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7213) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 7:09 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

I love it Freddie!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5623) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Tonight we attended the BT dinner at Gibi’s
He is now serving dinner from his lovely home around the corner from his old place.
His wife and family are all very nice and certainly make you feel at home when you are there.. Tonight we attend with our Friends Ken and Babsi[who is suffering from Siatica } we also meet Meryl and Steve at Gibi’s. Jake and Linda and children are also in attendance also Renee. Plus there are a few more people,{ and I am sorry but I am not very good with names, perhaps Jake can help out here..} Also Sherman from Capt. Don’s joined us..
Here are the uncensored photos..
This is Sherman and George {George is the one with the flowered shirt}
Here is a nice photo of Renee
renee

tableJake and Linda

swatting Jake trying to keep the mosquitos at bay.

pP
PP

Here are Meryl and I with Babsi looking on and probably saying “Whatz with the Tiara??”
Meryl and Freddie and Babsi

oops almost forgot Gibi!!
gibi

and here is one for the record!!! I didn’t recognize Steve without his wedding dress on,
{if you remember their wedding!}
But this is PRICELESS!!!
steve2
I think Meryl could use this to get whatever she desires!!

To be continued……………….

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5624) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:19 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

humm not letting the photos in.. I'll do them one at a time
George and Sherman

Renee renee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5625) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:21 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jake and Linda at table table
Swatting Mosquitos swatting

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5626) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:22 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

others at the table, there was a Big crowd there that night!!
PP
PP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5627) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:33 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5628) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

P Meryl Babsi and Me.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5629) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The man of the night.
Gibi

and The Priceless photo!!!!
Nice one Steve..
P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5632) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 9:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

humm one photo made all that mess!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #943) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 10:02 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

nice pics, nice reports - thanks!! Looks like it was another good night at Gibi's.... I especially like the arrow crab pic :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #545) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, you look absolutely regal in your purple tiara and wand!

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13039) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 8:49 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Fredster, great pictures! Down to 41 days for us! Can't wait!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7399) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 11:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hmmm, could have sworn I posted on this thread earlier! Great pics Freddie..I'm hoping for more! Those lovely flamingo hats have made quite the tour...Ohio to Bon to California to Vermont to Bon to New York and back to Bon! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5705) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 8:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Today after Breakfast we did a boat dive, can’t remember the site but it was on Klein,,,
tangs
there seemed to be an abundance of fish this time.. and a lot of juveniles, which I think, are a good sign..

Our second dive of the day was at 1000 Steps.. Well it is fine going down with all the gear but I must say that coming up was no laughing matter!!! However I did find that this was the best reef and the most fish life of the whole trip…
Here we ended up in the middle of a bait ball.. I couldn’t get the smile off my face for hours!!! And my mask kept leaking the whole dive!!!
baitball
Our third dive today was with Meryl and Steve to the cams and the seahorses so Steve could get some photos…
I held up the cute little fishie that got captured with Meryl in the background.
camshotfishie
Here are some other shots from the day…
A barracuda under the “Art”
barracuda

A lone Flamingo tongue
flamingo tongue

And a banded Shrimp up close..
shrimp

Dinner tonight was at Bistro de Paris very nice owner, the food was OK
onion soup was rather watery[compared to mine} food could have been hotter..
service was GREAT !!

Gee it’s Thursday already.. Time flies right by!!
Today we did two boat dives
Karpata and Witches Hut

PP
PP

After the two dives we went back to the cottage and then I received a present.. A beautiful bouquet of flowers with a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers and some fruit, was delivered to my door. The card said it was for the New Co-moderator of BT and swore it was not a bribeJ
flowers
Thank you Jack

Now back to diving.. we did a twilight dive at Capt Don’s and some people were surprised that we would go into the water the surge was WILD!!! The VIZ was 0 until we got away from the shore.. Hey we are New York divers! this doesn’t scare us at all!!
Didn’t take the cameras cause of the surge and of course we saw Charlie and Charlene. Two VERY large Tarpons that must live very near Capt Don’s as they are always around at night.. You actually have to watch what you shine your lights on as the tarpons think that it is dinner.. Getting out of the water was like a day at our ocean here in NY.. we managed to escape bruises by backing up the stairs with our fins on and using the surge to push us up each step.. We looked like PROS!!! {wait a minute , we are PROS!!}

Friday Boat dive was to “Invisibles” part of the double reef system..
I was busy with a new diver
so I didn’t take may pictures but we did see
a ray,
{the ray got the new diver in trouble as it was at 95 feet and the new diver was an air hog!}
ray

And a few others
PP
PP

Tonight dinner was at It Rains Fishes
.Well,I try to stay away from Fish while we are on Vacation for reasons of my own,,,,so I tried the Filet au pouve it was very nice . the service was very good and everything was served hot..

Not done yet… More to come

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Niki Harris (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1283) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 9:56 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Photos are really looking good, Freddie! Keep 'em coming! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #557) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 10:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Freedie,
Way up there, you posted a photo of Jake swatting mosquitos. The other folks in the shot are Mona and Gary Wirth, Cinde Wirth's in-laws. Nice folks!
Great shots, thanks,

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mare (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #558) on Tuesday, February 1, 2005 - 10:41 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh the joys of typos when one is tired--
Make that Hi Freddie!
oopsie!

Mare

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1148) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 8:38 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie,

I am enjoying reading your report and love seeing your picture too. Great Job! :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #461) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 1:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Me, too....looking forward to the next installment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7475) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 6:04 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Keep those great shots coming Freddie! I love the juvenile spotted drum...they are one of my favorite fishes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #13059) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 10:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great pictures Freddie, I'm confused though, did Jake or Jack send you the flowers and wine?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5738) on Wednesday, February 2, 2005 - 10:45 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Cynde, Jake brought the Amstel Brights to us the first night we were there, God he is a blessing!!
Jack sent flowers + {I guess after he spoke with Jake} near the end of our stay..They are BOTH Dear Men!!!
I have some more photos and they are wonderful cause they are Kens, but I can't seem to resize them so I am working on those.. Hopefully tomorrow I will finsih with the report and be able to post his Beautiful photos..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Barclay (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #461) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 10:49 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, I LOVE this report and the pics are awesome. I can't wait for more!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4393) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 11:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie!!!!!! I have not stopped since we got home!!! Great report...I owe you BIG for the picture of Steve....Printing it now for "rewards!" Your pictures are great!... I am very glad that manaquin was not under water when we dove!! Pretty scary!...Heard about the hoopla with the snow and you getting home late! Hope it wasn't that bad! Thanks again for everything....!!!!We had a great time..was that the quickest week ever? Waiting for the rest of the report...can we go back!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5747) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The final diving day is done for me now it is time for a Massage with Luz at Capt. Don's.
it felt wonderful while it was happening but I was very sore after the fact...I guess I am just not used to relaxing my muscles and having them pampered! obviously no photo of the massage :-)

We had dinner at the Lions Den for our final night with the group.. but before, we had happy hour at the decostop and had a couple of drinks with Jack.
The next day was filled with saying goodbyes and packing all the STUFF.. side note:The whole week we had been playing cards {pinochle} and we ended up tied for the week which was a good thing.. Cards have gone down hill for us gals since we have been home.:-(
Got to the airport and found out that our flight from MoBay was canceled.. figured we could get to MoBay and then figure out what we would do..
Got there on AJ and they, AJ, secured rooms for us at Holiday Inn Sun Spree. at 1/4 of the regular price for all -inclusive,{read mudslides 24/7} we made the right choice in leaving Bonaire. It would have cost us twice that much if we had stayed.. We ended up staying there for 2 1/2 days before we could get a AJ flight into JFK..{Funny no one felt sorry for us having our flight canceled,, I wonder why?} We spent our 36 anniversary in Jamaica, where we had a ceremony with the Chief of the Shinnecock Nation presiding.There were actually MORE people at this ceremony than our REAL wedding...
The photos below are all from Ken. So I just wanted to post them together.. he really does nice work..
the wreck is Willie, the man at the bar with me is Jack Chalk.
The last two photos were taken in Jamaica.
Here we go..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5749) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PP
PP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5750) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PP
PP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5751) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

PP
PP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5752) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:39 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5754) on Thursday, February 3, 2005 - 9:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

here is the photo of "Willie" that was giving me a tough time posting..... hopefully it will post now. P

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lisa Barclay (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #465) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 9:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

What a wonderful place to spend your 36th year anniversary. I loved Jamaica when we went. The sunset was amazing! I really enjoyed your report and pictures. Never can be too many pictures for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Mueller (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3731) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie - wonderful report and great pictures!!

What is that on your head in the picture of the ceremony - it looks a napkin attached to the purple tiara!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5756) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 10:51 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hey MAry , it is indeed the Purple Tiara and the foam packing from a gift.. someone thought it was a dryer sheet.lol
the bouquet is a Clean net scrubby..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4404) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 12:21 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie great shots....We were going to do the dive at Oil slick and Steve had said there was a new ladder but not dock...I told him I heard about a dock! Thanks for that picture also! Wonderful report and picks my dear! Miss you already!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1906) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 12:30 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Meryl, youse guys skipped Oil Slik? Say it ain't so, girl!
I wouldn't call it a dock, I'd call it a platform. Docks are in the water, this thing is on rocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4405) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 6:06 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Yeah Seb...can ya believe it? I suggested the dive a few times...but we didn't make it there..so many dives..so little time :-)...Picture looks nice though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4648) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 6:46 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Love the rainbow behind you guys, Freddie! Great shots. What a happy trip. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By seb (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1918) on Friday, February 4, 2005 - 6:58 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I especially can't believe it Meryl, 'cause you married a guy in a dress. I would think he falls into the "highly suggestible" category.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4407) on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 10:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhh Seb, you don't know him very well!....
Freddie and George....post congrats on your anniversary!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cousino (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1393) on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 9:11 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddie, Thank you so much for this thread. I enjoyed it all. I really enjoyed the photos of George and Steve wearing the Flamingo Hats.

I especially enjoyed reliving your 1000 Steps Dive

quote:

Here we ended up in the middle of a bait ball.. I couldn’t get the smile off my face for hours!!! And my mask kept leaking the whole dive!!!

I love those kind of dives:-{)}

Please accept my belated wish for many happy returns of your anniversary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Babs (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #7562) on Monday, February 7, 2005 - 10:24 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Oh, now it's sad to see this thread come to a close...it's been lots of fun Fredster... and congratulations on your anniversary! a.gif

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Zeneski (BonaireTalker - Post #64) on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 7:13 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Freddy, great pics. Glad you enjoyed the extended vacation... I'm still working on my slide show from the same trip. Kenny and Brian sent me a few pics. E-mail me some if you'd like me to include them!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration