BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Wally's Buddy in SE Asia
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2004-08-02 to 2005-05-08: Wally's Buddy in SE Asia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #548) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 2:59 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

This is from a good friend of mine (old boat builder) who has been an expate in SE Asia for a few years....primarily in Thailand and Cambodia.

He is trekking around some place called Pulau Weh in Malaysia that has been closed to the outside for a few decades.....apparently the area is opening up for tourist/divers. He was issued visa no. 47.
Here is a link
http://www.backpackingforlife.com/asia/special/pulauweh/index.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WB
Bill and I had one of those experiences of a lifetime today. Got to spend
1/2 hour or so snorkeling and diving with Giant Manta Rays.

We went a few kilometers off shore of a point East of our resort area’s beach with a dive group to check out the 12 meter hump that was the afternoon dive site. Bill and I where freediving as usual. Made a few dives on the hump. Fairly unspectacular bottom with the exception of several nice size turtles. 12 meters is still a little deep for us not allowing much bottom time. We haven’t been freediving for almost 3 years. Hard to believe I used to hunt fish in 18 to 20 meters. So we swam the few kilometers back to the point to work the more reasonable 6 to 8 meter stuff.
The boat that dropped us and the divers off is now trolling for fish until it’s time to pick up the divers and spots a bunch of Manta Rays working close by. They come and pick us up and carry us over to the Mantas. They are spread out over 100 meters or so doing back flip barrel rolls feeding on the plankton. We slip into the water and swim over to a 3 Meter wing span Manta. I am coming up behind him when he goes down. I follow until I see him arch and realize he’s rolling back my way. I come up vertical and the Manta rolls down about 30cm in front of me. The massive head and mouth goes by followed by a whole lot of white fish belly with a few remoras stuck to
it and the long tail. I wasn’t really afraid but there was a brief time
where I was wondering if I was going to have a closer encounter then I was planning on. Guys on the boat later said they thought he was going to be on me. Played around with this Manta for a long time and he didn’t seem to mind my being very close until I dove under him to watch from below. He did a few more rolls and went deep and away.

We then swam over to another Manta. This one had a 1 Meter baby with him, or her. The baby was trying to roll with the larger Manta frequently getting in the way. We gave this one room and watched until another 3 meter Manta came around. Played with this one for awhile and he also left when I started to dive under him. By now it’s time to pick up the divers so we caught a ride back to the point and shallow coral to wind down.

Seeing the big Spotted Eagle Rays in the Berry’s was spectacular but nothing close to this experience. Having that much Power and Grace so close for so long is hard to imagine. Had plenty of time to observe everything from looking into their huge oval mouths down to the vortexes coming off their
wing tips. The Mantas also had a large school of baby tuna with them.
Stopped to watch them work over a ball of baitfish for a few minutes. The water was boiling and I swam over thinking it was another Manta.

Out side of this incredible event, Pulau Weh continues to impress us with the best variety and quantity of coral and fish we have ever seen anywhere.
The visibility, although the best I’ve seen since the Abaco’s, is less then normal due to seasonal high concentrations of Algae. But this same Algae is what brings in the Whale Sharks and Mantas.

It’s not that hard to get here. One day out of KLIA, Malaysia and a whole lot of PassPort photos and copies. Ache, Sumatra is presently under marshal law but you’d never know it out here on Pulau Weh.

Come on over and check this place out. A little primitive but certainly worth the effort.

TS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #692) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 5:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Algae? Methinks he means plankton.
Don't go ... there are no donkey sanctuaries, very few home comforts & no reef cam to wave to.
Nah, you're all better off sticking to your old trusted comforter, Bonaire.
Me? Well I have to confess, that for the 5th time in as many years I'm about to pack my bags & head for the same haven of marine biodiversity that Bill mentions, above.

FP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #693) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 5:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I gave the credit for the Pulau account to Bill, didn't I? Should've said TS.

FP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1273) on Sunday, September 26, 2004 - 8:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

does sound nice...got no particular desire to roll a manta though...

what's up andy? did the sheep walk?

just curious;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #694) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 9:55 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

All gone Bob. Lamb chops & wooly jumpers, the lot of 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4180) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy, How can you speak of comforters and Lamb chops in the same topic! Poor little critters! Wouldn't the wooly jumpers have been enough? Baaaaaaaad.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #695) on Monday, September 27, 2004 - 2:32 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I dunno Meryl ... the thought of mint sauce & woolly jumpers just doesn't hit the spot for me in the same way that mint sauce & lamb chops does.
But each to his (or her) own & I appreciate that you veggies have to convince yourselves that butterbeans, tofu & the likes are worth swallowing. So yes, you might like to give some lightly grilled lambs wool served on a bed of mint sorbet a try?

FP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #551) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 7:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Figured I would draw Andy in with reports of Malaysian diving. TS meant plankton but to boat builders all things slimy and or small is just algae stuff to crud up the raw water systems.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #696) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 9:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks for the algae definition Wal... Seems us non-boatbuilders have much to learn.

Would this be a good time for me to run a few SE Asia pics past you?

FP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1822) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 10:24 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sir FP.... YES... please post..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #554) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 12:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Absolutely chief

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4182) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy, don't like pulling the "wooly" hairs out of my teeth... so I will pass on the chops.I
have never "mastered" the tofu thing...my daughter Emma tried to serve up some "tofu burgers" one day...maybe the wooly hairs weren't so bad?.....
Please, bring on the pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4149) on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 11:16 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We're ready for some SE Asia shots, FP....let 'em rip! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #697) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Rightyho. First, I'd better check that I can still remember how to upload pics... It's been a long time ...

FP Marcia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #698) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:20 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Ahhh, it's just like riding a bike, isn't it?

Note Marcia's name tag, just protruding from behind her reg. It usually ensures that she's returned to me after I've lost her on a dive. Like I've said before ... I'm a lousy buddy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #699) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:31 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

But yes, I know, you want fish pics.
I'm going to give you the best first. It's a snap of a pigmy seahorse. I wish I could take the credit for it but sadly it was taken by my old pal Marc who was sharing the trip with us. He claims that it was all down to his skill, but I reckon that he just got incredibly lucky. When you consider that the entire critter is no bigger than your little finger nail & you can barely pick them out on the identically coloured fan coral that they frequent, you can tell what an amazing shot it is.

pigmy

I cropped "him" out of the main picture here so that you can see more detail ...

closeup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #700) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:35 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

But yes, I know, you want fish pics.
I'm going to give you the best first. It's a snap of a pigmy seahorse. I wish I could take the credit for it but sadly it was taken by my old pal Marc who was sharing the trip with us. He claims that it was all down to his skill, but I reckon that he just got incredibly lucky. When you consider that the entire critter is no bigger than your little finger nail & you can barely pick them out on the identically coloured fan coral that they frequent, you can tell what an amazing shot it is.

pigmy

I cropped "him" out of the main picture here so that you can see more detail ...

closeup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #701) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:41 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Not as clever as I thought I was. I guess I need to make the pics a tad smaller.

pigmy face

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #325) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

OOOOOoooooo
More please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #193) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:44 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

WOW!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marabeth Owens (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #117) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

EXCELLENT - definately worth the wait

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Debbie Babcock (BonaireTalker - Post #46) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 11:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

AWESOME PICS --MORE PLEASE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #702) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 11:34 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's not a wait Marabeth... sometimes, when Dr Alzheimer forgets to remind me I disappear for months.
OK, now for some more mundane stuff. Until yesterday I'd have called the next image a nudibranch, but since being put straight by Wal, I can confidently say that it's algae.

nudi

Next a crocodile fish..

croc

& then getting out of the water for a while .. a shot of Marc (who never misses a photo opportunity) posing with some of Indonesia's finest young militia. (he's wearing the blue wet suit, centrestage.)

Military

They took him away but upon finding that we were all quite pleased to see him go & had no intention of paying their ransom demands, brought him back again all too soon & threw him over the side of the pier. Yes, it does look like a pigs trotter & toilet paper floating beside him

Marc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #703) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 11:45 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

More tomorrow. It's late afternoon here & I'm about to set off to see a Pink Floyd tribute band called Pink Fraud. Could be a big mistake ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1833) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:44 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That pigmy seahorse is just an unbelieveable shot... wow... just amazing. Can't wait for more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4150) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 8:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Dazzling stuff, Andy! Let us know how the concert went tonite, too...or didn't...

The pigmy seahorse is unreal...how the heck did he spot him to begin with??

Love the "pig's trotter"...had to think about that one for a short moment but the lightbulb finally turned on! LOL.

I think you have "Sometimers" and not quite Alzheimers, FP. You do seem to return to the scene of the crime now and again! LOL. Ayo. Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #556) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 9:50 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

That's some mighty fine algae there Andrew.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Meryl Virga (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4184) on Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 11:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Good show Andrew!
Never saw a pigmy seahorse..and the nudibranch's are always so brilliant!
One day....maybe...I will stock up enough Xanex to get me to the other side of the world....
Want to do Galapagos, Easter Island (although I don't think their is diving there...and I just read a great article on Tazmania.....Have you been there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6557) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 12:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great entertainment/awesome pics...definitely hope there's more on the morrow wink.gif

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marabeth Owens (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #123) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 8:05 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

And do make certain you tell us all about Pink Fraud. I have a friend with a Pink Floyd Tshirt but it a picutre of Floyd the barber from the Andy Griffith show done in pink ink. Gotta love it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #704) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 9:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Pink Fraud were good. Really good. Didn't have a fancy light show but just produced a sound really close to that made by the original band. I'd go to see 'em again.

You've got too much imagination by far, Carole .. I really did mean that it looked like a pigs trotter.

Right, next pic is of a beach at a remote island called Sahaung, off the tip of Northern Sulawesi. You can see the super quick (twin 200hp Yamahas) aluminium dive boat that got us there in a little over an hour from our base back on the mainland ..

sahaung

& looking the other way along the beach ..

sahaung2

followed by a view behind us showing the closest thing the island has to donkeys ..

piggies

Under the water, a frogfish the size of a football ..

frogfish

& fine moray getting a serious clean up.

moray & pals

More to follow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #705) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 10:04 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

How frustrating!! I'll try again.

Right, next pic is of a beach at a remote island called Sahaung, off the tip of Northern Sulawesi. You can see the super quick (twin 200hp Yamahas) aluminium dive boat that got us there in a little over an hour from our base back on the mainland ..

sahaung

& looking the other way along the beach ..

sahaung2

followed by a view behind us showing the closest thing the island has to donkeys ..

piggies

Under the water, a frogfish the size of a football ..

frogfish

& fine moray getting a serious clean up.

moray & pals

More to follow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #706) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 10:12 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cynde, Martin ... will one of you be a pal please & remove my last two attempted postings will you please, to save my embarrassment, before I try again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5180) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 10:56 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy my man just wanted to share with you that I had dinner with Roger Waters this summer...he has a young chicky for a girlfriend now {at least 1/2 his age..} and he has just put out a new album {at least it was just released here} an operatic type I believe the name is "Ca Ira" not sure on that though

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #328) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 11:01 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy, just a thought,
try fewer images per posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #707) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:12 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Where are the Moderators when you need 'em? They were quick enough to remove my postings in the past when I strayed ever so slightly from the straight & narrow.

Wow, Freddie! Lucky guy. Did he ask for your autograph? Presumably, even though she was half his age, his new girfriend must've been in her 50's?

OK Mary. We'll just try the first one of Sahaung beach & the boat & take it from there.

sahaung

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #708) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:19 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

So far so good I'll risk posting 2 this time.

The view the other way along the beach followed by the small herd of Indonesian donkeys ...

beach piggies

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #709) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:25 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

And lastly for today, the couple of fish shots ..

frog moray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #710) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:29 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeez!! I hope someone tidies this up for me before I check in again tomorrow.

frog moray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5186) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:34 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

great photos Andy.. my Gosh that eel must have been dirty to have all those cleaner shrimp on him...{they look like crickets!} and it is a rather robust Froggie fish there..
the land shots look like "Gilligans Island."
a three hour tour...............

(Message edited by scubahb on September 30, 2004)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3603) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 2:55 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy, we reacted a bit late today, just to get back to you... LOL Why didn't you just call me, you've got the number. :-)

I'm gonna leave your wrong postings, so you can be embarrassed for the rest of your live... :-) LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12303) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 7:37 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

FP, glad to see you posting some decent stuff finally ;-) Absolutely fabulous pictures...you had me convinced I should give it a try until you posted the pic of Marc with the malitia...I've had a hard enough year and don't need anymore unnecessary stress:-)

Oh, and I'm with Martini, the bad posts stay...hee hee...you could call me, however, I don't have a dang microphone on my puter...phhhttt....next time:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4152) on Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 7:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Well worth the wait, Andy. Neat shots. Looks lovely over there....above the water and below. A buddy of mine from Santa Barbara loves diving SE Asia and is building a small house somewhere over there for peanuts. He's an avid diver, too. He's hooked on Bali, right now.

Thanks for the pics....and it DOES looks like a pig's trotter.....hoof, mind you! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Barbara Leary (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #6564) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 12:29 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great shots again Andy....thanks for trying till they posted...sometimes I've had to shrink them a bit more to get them up too...:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #711) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 10:15 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Y'know, I'm beginning to understand why Mimi went off the rails the way she did. The sooner the Moderators jobs are handed over to a more compassionate & deserving couple the better!

Cynde, if you look more closely at the uniformed lads surrounding Marc you'll see that their average age is around 12. A charming bunch of kids who actually asked if they could have their photos taken with Marc rather than the other way around.
Here are a couple more fish shots. The first shows an Oranghutan crab hitching a ride on a Risbecia Tryoni nudibranch (really posh algae to you Wal). Although , of course I may have misread the situation & the pair might be peforming an elaborate courtship display, but we won't go there, eh?

oran

the next needs no introduction..

blue

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3789) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 1:05 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy excellent shots. You know we may of had a recent Mimi sighting. She was asking about drugs on Bonaire, you just never know what those donkeys are smoking when we are not watching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #712) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 3:01 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Why, thankyou Ces. Here are a couple more ...

cuttlefish seahorse

trev

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3791) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 3:08 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Beautiful shots but that first one has me befuddled (admittely an easy thing). What the heck is it, some kind of underwater lotus blossom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #713) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 3:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

No, it's a fish, befuddled. At least you're making me feel better about my inability to post a couple of uploaded pics yesterday.
I bet even Cynde & Martin know the answer to this one ... which might be a first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #714) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 4:17 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Maybe another shot of him'll help?

cuttle

BTW, you do realise, don't you Ces, that if you hold your mouse over the pics you'll see their "name", don't you? I'm sure you do?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Keely (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #715) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 4:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Sorry, I meant cursor. Hopefully I'm in time to have stopped you holding your mouse up to the pictures on your monitor & then, when you were still none the wiser, wondering if you were obscuring the picture names behind the mouse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freddie Hughes (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #5196) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 4:27 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

LOL Andy great photos... love the cuttlefish...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Belinda Z (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #197) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 5:22 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Andy,

You had me chuckling out loud with the imagery of Cecil holding his mouse up to his monitor - thanks for making my Friday afternoon (sorry Cecil!).

Belinda

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3792) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 6:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I tried that before that message came in, it did not work but I did get to see how dirty my mouse ball was. Little suckers need to take a shower once in a while.

Actually that trick does not work very well in Netscape. Now that I know it was a Cuddlefish, my confusion is understandable (and pretty extensive). I do suffer from Cuddlefish envy (amoungst my other envies), I'm still a virgin. One of these days in the South Pacific or I'll have to visit Martin in dutchland.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susanf (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #972) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 6:26 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil,

Everytime you type "cuddle" fish, I get this really bizarre picture in my head of fish sitting next to each other on the floor in front of a fireplace, staring into the crackling embers, wineglasses in their fins, while the remains of their sumptuous romantic dinner can be seen in the background.

I don't think I really want to see that in my mind anymore...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cynde (BonaireTalk Deity - Post #12311) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 6:36 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

FP...I thought it was a turtle...looking up on it's belly...but alas, I was obviously wrong...oh, and the thought of "Ces" holding his mouse up to the monitor gave me a chuckle too...Susan, thanks, now I have THAT picture in my mind anytime someone mentions cuddlefish...LOL!

Oh, and FP on the pre-pubescent militia...you know how gullable I am!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #4157) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 7:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

I can see the little mouse wiggling all over the place while Cecil holds it dangling by its little tail...and to tell is it has a dirty ball and needs to bathe! Oh my! What a sight, indeed.

Little fish cuddling before the fire....a pretty scenario...funny. I wonder what kind/type of fins they wear??

More very nice shots, Andy. You do take a good photo, my son. Carole

No more sheep?? Really??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cecil Berry (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3794) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 9:18 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

See what happens when you use Netscape, it makes you cuddle instead of cuttle. This is in line with my other thinking that R134A refrigerant now used in car air conditioners makes one more apt to vote for a democrat. I don't have many data points to prove this yet but, I'm working on it. This subconscious suggestion crap is everywhere, I'm making an Aluminum hat as I type.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #332) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 11:33 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My aluminum hat helps me communicate better with my alien friends....

mary the space cadet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Wills (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #333) on Friday, October 1, 2004 - 11:35 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

My favorite shot so far...
Never mind-- I already have more than three favorites.
Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin de Weger (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #3606) on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 2:42 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Cecil, you know the 2 of you are more than welcome!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wally and Eva (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #557) on Saturday, October 2, 2004 - 11:54 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Jeez Andy...this has evolved into community chat. Really nice algae photos....I particularly like the nudibranches....for no apparent reason

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kelly Lott (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #1853) on Monday, October 4, 2004 - 10:11 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Great pics Andy..

Signed,

Mary W.'s space friend

PS. Wanna Cuttle? (thanks Susan for the visual)

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration