BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Walsh Family Report 8/6-816/03
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2003-04-01 to 2004-02-05: Walsh Family Report 8/6-816/03
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #85) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:28 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Another great trip to Belmar via Air Jamaica. All flights were nearly on time. Air Jamaica did move us to a 7:15 flight out of Baltimore on the way down saying the 8:30 flight had major delays. Thank you AJ.

Belmar was great as always, our third visit. Irene and Ingrid always make us feel at home. The dive shop is perfect for us, it is always great to see Erika and Monique. Even though Monique ran off to the Gallapagos during our stay. OK I am a little jealous, I admit. It did occur to me that you are a good part of the way there when you go from Bonaire.

We rented from AB which was smooth, the rear door of our van stuck closed but they directed me to the repair place and is was fixed in a few minutes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #86) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:32 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

moray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #87) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:50 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

The diving was super as always, we did about 50/50 Belmar reef and off site. We enjoyed Oil Slick Leap up North with the new ladder. We focused on the Southern sites due to proximity. We did Vista Blue, Invisables (a new favorite of ours), Hilma Hooker, Fish Hut, and Pink Beach.

We did the town pier with Abby from the Plaza and it was a great dive. 2 seahorses, 3 frog fish to name a few of the things we saw in about 72 minutes of bottom time.

The picture above is by my son who got some good shots. We have six divers in the family, I could probably use 4 cameras to keep everyone happy but $$$. This shot is from our Olympus 4040 in the PT 010 housing with internal flash.

Water temp was in the 80's and vis was excellent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #88) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:59 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Night Shot Town Pier
star

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #89) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 12:03 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Gotta run more to come, have I mentioned food. I had to get started...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2530) on Thursday, August 28, 2003 - 11:10 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks, Brian. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time. We look forward to more details and photos when you get more time! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eileen Kimmett (Supreme BonaireTalker - Post #2830) on Friday, August 29, 2003 - 5:18 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thank-you for your posting Brian! I really like your starfish pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #90) on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 9:09 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

OK About the food

We eat out for dinner and usually do breakfast and lunch in the room. One exception is we drop off our bags at 10-11 Am for the 3 PM AJ departure then get lunch overlooking the water at Lions Den which is always good. Kirk is still there looking frazzeled but puts on a nice meal.
We had a nice dinner there for lobster night (Tues) but it was pricey, over 300US for 6 people (tip included).

Over 5 trips since 2000 we have many favorites that we return too including: Capricio, Chibi Chibi, Crocantino, DeTuin, It Rains Fishes, Lions Den.

We also tried some new restaurants this time: Donna and Georgio(we expected a pizza place but we were pleasantly surprised at the variety and quality of the food, also good pizza said our pizza eaters)
Chez Lucile: Great wine list favoring some nice French wines, nice menu selection some of our picky eaters were concerned about the spiceness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian J. Walsh (BonaireTalker - Post #91) on Monday, September 1, 2003 - 9:15 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Food II
Mona Lisa: Nice service, limited menu choices but good food nicely presented. We will likely return.

Rendez-vous: Another pleasant surprise, apparently new owners and new menu. Good service and good food. Try the $20 three course meal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #845) on Tuesday, September 2, 2003 - 11:00 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Thanks Brian for sharing and I love the Brittle starfish picture!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration