BonaireTalk Discussion Group
Trip Reports: Josie's continuing excellent adventure -- Part 4
Bonaire Talk: Trip Reports: Archives: Archives 2000 to 2005: Archives - 2002-09-26 to 2003-03-31: Josie's continuing excellent adventure -- Part 4
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #772) on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 6:28 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

It's been over a week since the last installment, but it's been quiet here. I am taking it SOOOO easy. Alan left on Friday, after a bit of a scare over his return reservation, which American told me had been cancelled, when I called to confirm. After over two hours on the phone between American and Delta (who did the booking/ticketing), it got sorted out and they let him board on Friday morning. We were first in line, at 4:10 am, by the time the American Eagle staff arrived at 4:50, there were a lot of people in line. Baggage searched, checked in within five minutes, then back to the bungalow for him to have a little nap. After I saw him off, I went back to bed until 11:30. He arrived home at 11:50 pm -- a long day...

Had a nice night dive at Sand Dollar -- those BIG tarpon are eerie at night! Another night dive at Town Pier last Thursday. Saw one of the seahorses, but not the frog fish. I just like hanging around looking at the sponges and coral -- such an amazing world under there, especially at night.

Spent a LOT of time in the hammock, reading and doing lots of crossword puzzles (got to do something to help slow down my brain deterioration as I'm getting older!).

Did a snorkel from the BonBini dock yesterday, just a quiet leisurely stroll up and down. Charlie the Tarpon stopped by to say Hello to me -- he's big!!

Nice dive at Windsock today. Benny, the owner here at Bonaire Town Homes, is a great buddy, and I'm very much enjoying the time we can get to go diving together. He carries my equipment and tanks, and takes such good care of me! Didn't see anything special --- just the ordinary everyday special stuff here on Bonaire. I've decided my favorite fish is the spotted drum, so I was pleased to see two today. I think they are just so beautiful --- I always did like black and white.

Went to the movies on Sunday night -- the Two Towers. Great effects, but I'm not sure I actually liked the film. Would like more real "plot" and character development. I'm not really one for blood and gore movies. Still, it was a nice interlude.

On Saturday I visited a friend who owns Semperflorens nursery in the depth of the Kunuku off the Lagoen Road. I love plants and hers are lovely, all island-grown, and very healthy looking. Her house is very isolated, and very charming, built around the first part she started with, which was a shipping container! It amazes me when I see that on Bonaire, but it works very well...

Couple more nice meals at the Lost Penguin. Normally I eat at a lot of different places, but I've enjoyed it so much there. Yesterday, had the fish and chips -- VERY nice! Nice light beer batter and two good-sized filets of dorado.

Off to Gibi's for the BT get together soon. Tomorrow I'm picking up a first-time visitor from Rochester, to take them on a little orientation of the island, that'll be fun..

That's it for now. More later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carole Baker (Extraordinary BonaireTalker - Post #2092) on Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 9:57 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

We should title Josie's reports as "Josie in Paradise"...sounds sooo wonderful, Josie! Carole

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Linda Stoltzfus (BonaireTalker - Post #57) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 12:43 am:     Edit PostPrint Post

Josie, Keep us informed...we're enjoying your continuing report!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By DARLENE ELLIS (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #694) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 12:23 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Hi Josie,
I have been enjoying your ongoing trip report from paradise. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denise Kacavas (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #627) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 2:00 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Darlene, are you on BT on your lunch hour from work at your new job - or a day off already?!! :-) Denise

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mary Lou French (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #124) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 3:48 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

Loving your reports, Josie! I will see you at the BT dinner on March 4. Mary Lou

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Josie (Experienced BonaireTalker - Post #773) on Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 10:51 pm:     Edit PostPrint Post

The street cam capture at 11:54 am today was me with Suzanne and Andy Wheatcraft, also from Rochester. They "met" me through BT and called me at home, turned out we both belong to the same community supported organic farm, co-op and have several mutual friends. Very small world.

They arrived last night for their first trip here, so I picked them up this morning and took them out to breakfast (the Lost Penguin, of course) and then on a tour of the north of the island. Nice day.

Spent the rest of the afternoon with Bas -- we shopped, chopped vegetables, and scaled two schoolmasters for the coconut fish soup for the BBQ on Saturday. I have to go to the Richter's tomorrow to use their food processor to grind up the coconut. It's going to be GREAT!!

Visit: The Bonaire WebCams - Current Bonaire images and weather!
The Bonaire Insider - the latest tourism news about Bonaire
The Bonaire Information Site, InfoBonaire
Search Bonaire - Search top Bonaire Web sites

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration